Skrill online payment service review
Skrill online payment service is the most popular and convenient system for online payments within the sphere of internet-based gambling. The company first appeared at the start of the 2000s as Moneybookers, and is now one of the leaders in online payment systems.
Signing up is a simple process. Just work through the registration procedure (guidelines), entering your legitimate personal details, which you will require to get the most out of the system. After you activate your account you will be using all the functions available to Skrill account holders.
All functions are available within a convenient web interface which allows you to manage your account from any device and from anywhere as long as you are connected to the internet. To use all of the top-up and withdrawal functions, or to increase your transfer limit you will have to pass a credit or debit card or bank account verification procedure. You can bind several credit or debit cards or bank accounts to one Skrill account.
There are three types of verification:
1. Credit or debit card verification
To be verified, you need to possess a credit or debit card. After you've entered your card information, a sum between $1 and $3 will be withdrawn from your card, and after you've entered the withdrawn amount your card will be verified. This gives you the opportunity to top-up your account and to withdraw money from Skrill, and also to increase the operational limit inside the system.
2. Bank account verification
To be verified you need to possess a bank account. To undergo the procedure it is necessary for you to withdraw a sum larger than €10 to your bank account. In the footnotes you will receive a 6-digit code (footnote example: VRFCODE 1A2B3C). Next time when you withdraw money to your bank account, simply enter the code to complete the verification.
3. Personal data verification
To be verified you need to provide a copy of your passport, and also attach a copy of a bill payment with the address you entered when you signed up.
After you have successfully passed all three verification types, you will be able to increase your transaction limit up to the sum of €10,000.
Deposit and money withdrawal
For Skrill account top-up it is necessary to verify your credit or debit card, or your bank account, after which you will be able to top up your account and withdraw money from Skrill without any problems.
Skrill Prepaid MasterCard
You can order a Skrill Prepaid Mastercard that binds to your payment system and which allows you to withdraw money from any cash machine anywhere in the world.
- Card price and annual service fee is €10
- Fixed rate fee of €1.80 for money withdrawals in cash machine both at home and abroad
- Fixed rate fee of 2.49 percent for currency conversions
We have to mention the VIP system as well. If you are actively using the system and conduct transactions worth over €6,000 within three months you will automatically receive Skrill VIP status.
What does being a Skrill VIP entitle you to?
- Free deposits and withdrawals
- 100 percent online account security guaranteed
- VIP support 24/7
- Skrill Prepaid MasterCard and PIN code for free
- Multi-currency accounts
- Exclusive promotional campaigns and the opportunity to spend bonus points at the VIP web-store
- Lower fees for currency conversion
In addition, if you generate more than $1,000 in rake per month, we will help you to receive VIP Skrill status.
Transaction fees, account top-up and money withdrawal
- Account top-up via a bank card – 1.9 percent of transaction sum
- Withdrawal to Visa - €1.80
- Sending money to other Skrill accounts – 1 percent of transaction sum
- Currency conversion fee – from 2.99 to 4.99 percent
- 2.99 percent for conversion between USD, STLG, EUR, CAD or PLN
- 3.99 percent for conversion between USD, STLG, EUR, CAD, PLN and any other currency
- 4.99 percent for conversion between other currencies
Pros and cons
- almost all poker rooms allow you to make deposits and withdraw money using Skrill
- a great VIP system
- Skrill Prepaid MasterCard bound to payment system account
- security key prevents account access violations
- limit for operations within the system (increased after verification procedures and obtaining VIP status)
- account top-up only available via debit or credit cards or bank account
Start using Skrill now for quick and safe online payments!